Teddington Park formed the northern boundary of the City of Toronto in 1912. That same year, separate plans of subdivision were registered by two prominent Toronto businessman: Nicholas Garland and Robert Dack. These plans led to the eventual building of homes in Teddington Park.
Teddington Park's development as a high-end residential district was inspired by the Rosedale Golf Club, which had moved from Rosedale to the Teddington Park area in 1909.
Teddington Park's older houses on Riverview Drive were originally given descriptive names such as 'Donnybrook', 'Silverwood', and 'Treetops'. These names were in leu of municipal addresses, which were not issued until some time after the houses were built. Some of these houses still display their historical names.
The Teddington Park neighbourhood is one of the smallest and most exclusive districts in Toronto. Over the years many important and influential Torontonians have called this neighbourhood their home. It is conveniently located along the Yonge Street corridor however, it is remarkably quiet thanks to its natural boundaries which include the Rosedale Golf Club and the Riverview Drive Ravine.